Diary: Leo still spreading lies
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 August 2012 07:30AM
Did you know that every book in the British Library is edible? Neither did we.
That's because, of course, it's a pack of lies. However, ask a couple of hundred tourists visiting London this week and they might tell you just that. After contending with the sweltering heat, overcrowded Tubes and inflated hotel prices, poor unsuspecting tourists visiting London for the Olympics were confronted with Leo Burnett's "Rice Krispies Squares Tour of London" bus. Porkies fed to tourists on the un-usual guided route included that Oxford Street used to be in Oxford until it got too big and had to move to larger premises. The agency wasn't just toying with tourists for kicks - its fibs were part of Rice Krispies' "it's all lies, they're not even square" campaign. We're off to join those guillible enough to believe that The O2 is where all of London's oxygen supply is kept!
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director Source £50000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - Geneva Gabriele Skelton £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Marketing Assistant Haymarket Media Group £Competitive, Teddington, Greater London
- Digital Advertising Operations Executive Salt £22000 - £30000 per annum, London