David Fincher to direct UK commercials through Academy
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 02 August 2012 07:30AM
David Fincher, the director of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, has signed up to direct UK ads through Academy.
Fincher, also the director of Fight Club and Se7en, will continue to be based in Los Angeles but is available to shoot commercials in the UK between feature projects.
He joins the Academy roster as part of a deal with his US representive Reset Content. Reset was set founded by Fincher, and former Anonymous Content executive producer, Dave Morrison.
Fincher started his career in commercials and music videos. He has directed campaigns for Nike, including "instant karma" in 1993 and "speed chain" in 2004, as well as Levi's "the chase" in 1996 and the Heineken 2005 Super Bowl spot "beer run".
Academy will also represent Reset directors Tim Miller, Andre Stringer and PES.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Middleweight Designer become £36K, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Interim Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- Halifax releases 'holiday dad' campaign