Fashion brands run video ads with Vogue iPad app
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 08 August 2012 11:29AM
Vogue's iPad issue, which is now monthly, features three video and rich media ads for Anya Hindmarch, Velvet by Graham & Spencer and Australian Wool.
In the ad for Anya Hindmarch, which was created in-house and booked by MediaCom, the Tiny Tim Dancer handbag has been animated by Paul Roche, tablet producer for Vogue.
The 30-second Australian Wool ad demonstrates the product's tactile nature and was booked directly, with Vogue's Simon Collins as creative director.
Velvet's 30-second video by Graham & Spencer showcases its autumn/winter collection and was also booked directly. It was directed by Kayt Jones, produced by Jay Rodan of Sheriff Productions and the art director was Leslie Rutledge.
The app also has 26 website links, including Burberry, Clarins, Fendi, Miu Miu and Tiffany.
Vogue claims that the new edition showcases the largest ever number of editorial fashion pages – more than 90 in total.
The September 2012 issue enables users to access and interact with exclusive videos and images, including a chance to go behind the scenes of Lucinda Chambers' and Nick Knight's Olympic fashion moment with backstage images featuring Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell.
Rachel Reavley, associate publisher of British Vogue, said: "Vogue prides itself at being at the vanguard of new technology.
"The app gives our current audience and new readers alike the opportunity to consume the magazine in a new format, which true to Vogue delivers sheer wonderment.
"The opportunities for advertisers are boundless and we look forward to working on many more integrated projects.
"We are proud to say that we have 26 links and three media rich enhancements from Anya Hindmarch, Velvet by Graham & Spencer and The Australian Wool Industry. They are smart, stylish and show great originality."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PPC Account Manger - Big budget client!!! Ultimate Asset £22000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Project Manager - Freelance and Perm Contracts The Industry Club London Ltd Various, London
- Brand Consultant / Strategist Royds Raphael £80k-£90k+neg dep. on experience, London
- Senior Account Manager - Account Manager - Branding, Contract & Permanent Royds Raphael £38k-£44k / £170-£190 day rate. Permanent and/or contract role, London