JWT to buy out Turkey's Manajans Thompson
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 August 2012 12:27PM
WPP advertising agency JWT is to acquire full control of Turkish agency Manajans Thompson, one of WPP's earliest investments.
JWT has held a minority stake in Manajans since 1985, prior to it being acquired by WPP.
The Istanbul-based agency was founded in 1944 and employs around 70 people, working for clients including Nokia, Shell, pharmaceutical company Bayer, mobile network Turkcell and food company Ulker.
The agency’s 2011 revenues were eight million Turkish lira (£2.8 million).
WPP companies in Turkey employ nearly 1,000 people and generate annual revenues of $100m (£63.7m).Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PR Account Manager Brand Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus bonus, Milton Keynes
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South West
- Account Manager/SAM - Corporate to £45k Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Market Researcher Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum, South East
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency