JWT to buy out Turkey's Manajans Thompson
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 13 August 2012 12:27PM
WPP advertising agency JWT is to acquire full control of Turkish agency Manajans Thompson, one of WPP's earliest investments.
JWT has held a minority stake in Manajans since 1985, prior to it being acquired by WPP.
The Istanbul-based agency was founded in 1944 and employs around 70 people, working for clients including Nokia, Shell, pharmaceutical company Bayer, mobile network Turkcell and food company Ulker.
The agency’s 2011 revenues were eight million Turkish lira (£2.8 million).
WPP companies in Turkey employ nearly 1,000 people and generate annual revenues of $100m (£63.7m).Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Designer become Unspecified, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign