Emirates calls £10m UK ad review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 08:00AM
Emirates has kicked off a pitch for its £10 million UK advertising account.
The airline has issued an RFI to agencies and is currently compiling a longlist of shops to pitch for the business.
One source suggested that the airline is looking to integrate its above- and below-the-line UK activity into one agency and that, while the brief focuses on the UK, there may be a chance to create international work over time.
Emirates appointed Chemistry to handle its UK advertising in 2010 and its global advertising agency of record is StrawberryFrog.
An Emirates spokesman said: "Emirates is currently in the process of reviewing its advertising support in the UK. This is something that is done periodically in markets across the world. Emirates is in the primary stages of the pitch process in the UK and is currently looking at a number of agencies that can best support its new brand platform, Hello Tomorrow."
The brand launched a global campaign, entitled "hello tomorrow", by StrawberryFrog in April. The activity, which included a TV spot and print ads, focused on connecting people and cultures through travel.
Emirates launched a UK brand campaign last year by Publicis Chemistry that highlighted the airline’s service for passengers. The press and outdoor work showcased Emirates’ on-board service, asking the question: "Why doesn’t everyone fly this way?"
Publicis Chemistry also created activity last November that aimed to raise awareness of Emirates’ sponsorship of the new Thames Air Line cable car project.
In April, Emirates appointed Razorfish to handle its global social media activity after a pitch. The agency was charged with creating a Facebook page as the first step in establishing the brand’s social media footprint.
The airline is now hoping to make its brand more relevant to a wider audience, as well as drive loyalty among existing customers.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel