BD Network wins Ocado campaign brief
Online grocer Ocado has appointed BD Network to produce creative work for an advertising campaign in the autumn, stressing its product quality, service and difference to established supermarkets.
The agency's work will be used across video-on-demand, outdoor, press, digital and direct marketing, with media handled by Starcom MediaVest.
Jason Gissing, co-founder of Ocado, said: "We were really impressed with BD Network's strategic grasp of our challenge and are confident they will produce a campaign that shares our own unique vision – to offer a better way for people to shop for their groceries, that goes beyond what the traditional supermarkets offer."
Ocado currently focuses adverting on inserts and outdoor activity, to raise awareness of promotions and new product ranges.
Its recent promotional marketing included a press campaign highlighting its price-match offer against Tesco on branded products, which used the strapline, "Ocado. Prices worth checking out".
Separately, Ocado has this week launched a short film competition on the theme of "my worst supermarket shopping experience", to highlight the benefits of shopping at Ocado versus the traditional supermarket shop.
The competition runs to the end of September, with the winner receiving a year's free shopping from Ocado. The brand hopes to use some entries in future marketing campaigns.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain c. £55K, Lambeth, Central London
- Senior Account Manager, Digital - Automotive Account Copeland Select High £30,000s, London
- Account Manager in retail + branding design agency Gabriele Skelton £25000 per annum, London
- Senior UK Category Manager McCormick Ltd Haddenham, Buckinghamshire , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire