Duracell hands £15m global ad business to Grey London
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 10:30AM
Duracell, the Procter & Gamble battery brand, has picked Grey London to handle its estimated £15 million global advertising account, ending a three-decade relationship with Ogilvy & Mather.
The account will move from the sister WPP shop as part of the creation of a "Team WPP" model for the brand.
Grey picked up the business without a pitch and will work across all global markets except North America, where advertising will be handled by The Acme Idea Company.
Grey will collaborate on the account with the existing WPP agency partners, Wunderman and Dialogue, although the team will not carry a dedicated name.
Duracell currently spends in excess of £1.5 million on advertising in the UK. Ads continue to feature its famous brand mascot, the Duracell Bunny, which made its TV debut in 1973.
Earlier this year, the silent Duracell Bunny was given a voice for the first time to coincide with a Facebook campaign at Easter.
Grey adds Duracell to a portfolio of P&G brands including Clairol, Pantene and Fairy.
Chris Hirst, the chief executive at Grey London, said: "Duracell not only has one of the world's most established brand identities, but also an extremely strong track record in advertising. Naturally, we're very excited to continue the brand's communications journey."Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff