Sir Ranulph Fiennes stars in Glenfiddich idents
Sir Ranulph Fiennes and Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson star in Glenfiddich idents for its sponsorship of 'Harry's Mountain Heroes', a documentary featuring five wounded servicemen's attempt to scale Mount Everest on behalf of Walking With the Wounded.
The broadcast sponsorship extends Glenfiddich's relationship with the charity and follows the brand’s £2m above- and below-the-line campaign to raise awareness of their relationship, the Everest climb, and to encourage donations.
Glenfiddich's idents to accompany the show, which starts on Monday (27 August), were made by ITN Productions and feature inspirational figures such as explorer Sir Ranulph Fiennes and 11-time Paralympic gold medallist Dame Tanni Grey-Thompson.
As part of its relationship with the Walking With the Wounded charity, Glenfiddich flew in four competition winners to join the soldiers in the 'World's Highest Whisky Tasting' in a special Glenfiddich yurt at the Everest Base Camp.
The broadcast sponsorship was agreed directly between Glenfiddich and ITV's commercial team.
Annabelle Clarke, senior brand manager for Glenfiddich, said: "The unbelievable courage and determination shown by these courageous young men in the face of particularly treacherous conditions on Everest is truly inspirational.
"As a malt whisky brand which stands for pioneering spirit, we are immensely proud of our ongoing partnership with a charity whose work and ethos are a true embodiment of our own brand values."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Account Manager/Client Manager - Data Heavy Brand Recruitment £26000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits, Aylesbury
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool