Tassimo calls global advertising contest
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 08:00AM
Tassimo, the coffee-maker brand, is looking for an agency to handle a major global advertising push.
Kraft Foods, Tassimo’s owner, has approached shops directly about a brief to create a global advertising campaign that will make the product a rival to Nestle’s Nespresso machine. Nespresso uses George Clooney to promote its products and the ads are created by McCann Paris.
Ogilvy & Mather and TBWA have both previously worked on the Tassimo brand globally.
Tassimo launched in 2005 with a campaign through O&M and with machines manufactured by Bosch. In 2009, the global business moved to TBWA, with the Berlin office taking lead status and its New York agency handling US work.
In 2009, it ran a pre-Christmas campaign in which three men in festive jumpers enjoy different cups of coffee from one machine. The activity promoted the different blends and flavours that could be made by a Tassimo machine.
The move coincides with Starbucks making a bid for the market with a device it has branded Verismo, which is due to launch in the US this autumn.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Project Manager - Business Analyst - BI Salt £45000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Ninesharp £250 - £300 per day, Manchester
- Digital Marketing Executive Ninesharp £20000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, Egham
- Freelance Project Manager - Leading Agency - £250 DR Digital Gurus £200 - £250 per day, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity