Sky Broadband signs £4m sponsor deal for ITV drama
BSkyB has signed a £4 million deal for Sky Broadband to sponsor ITV's "showcase drama" package, which will include the upcoming shows Mrs Biggs and Mr Selfridge.
Sky Broadband intends to use the sponsorship package to promote the range of services it offers.
The sponsorship was negotiated by MediaCom and the idents, which will be created by WCRS, will be tailored to fit the range of drama series included in the package.
Previously, ITV’s main drama package was called "ITV Drama Premieres" and was sponsored by Aviva from 2009. Downton Abbey was separated from the package and recently secured P&O Cruises as a sponsor.
Since Sky reached ten million households in 2010, the pay-TV giant has increasingly marketed additional services, such as telecoms and broadband, to its TV customers.
Lyssa McGowan, Sky’s brand director, communications products, said: "This sponsorship will provide strong reach for the message of Sky’s campaign – encouraging consumers to demand more from their broadband."
The package includes broadcast, online and mobile.
Chris Fuller, the head of broadcast sponsorship at MediaCom, said: "The high production values, stature and scale of the strand, coupled with the potential for some exciting activation opportunities, have made this the perfect union."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Partner Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, Brentford, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Campaign Viral Chart: Always ad reaches no 1 for second time
- Agencies need to be more creative about creativity
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction