Momondo kicks off hunt for ad agency
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 06 September 2012 11:25AM
The travel search website Momondo is seeking an ad agency as its ramps up its marketing spend.
Momondo, which has approached agencies directly, is thought to be planning to invest in TV advertising for the first time.
The Copenhagen-based search engine has not previously engaged in mainstream advertising.
The service allows users to compare the cost of flights, hotels and car rental across more than 700 travel sites, with direct links to suppliers.
Momondo claims that it is the first "metasearch" engine to assess flights by both price and convenience, following a recent redesign of its main website and mobile portal.
The service was launched in September 2006 as a flight search engine. In September 2009, it was relaunched to also offer city guides and travel content.
In April 2011, Momondo was sold to the travel search engine Cheapflights.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Account Manager Â– Cracking B2C Brands ADLIB £30k - £40k, Bristol
- Senior Marketing Manager - Acquistion Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 per annum, London
- Global Senior Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Midweight Designer become £33K, Central London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency