MAA launches Future Leaders mentor scheme
The Marketing Agencies Association (MAA) is launching The Future Leaders Academy, a mentoring programme that aims to groom director-level adland hopefuls into the agency leaders of tomorrow.
Agencies can nominate their potential future leaders, who can be working within any department but have to be at director level with a minimum of six years’ experience.
Following a round of interviews, up to 20 successful applicants will be selected to undertake the six-month programme, which includes coaching at a senior level with an executive coach and mentoring sessions with leading industry figures.
The £2,000 course will cover how to run a business, from the skills needed for growing revenue and profit to the skills of being a good leader.
More than 10 agency leaders have signed up as mentors including: Ian Millner, chairman of the MAA and chief executive of Iris; Mike Dodds, chief executive of Proximity and Hugh Robertson, chief executive of RPM.
The mentors will meet with their students three times across the six-month programme. They will be matched on experience, ambitions and personality.
Millner said: "Nurturing future leaders can be difficult because the qualities that are required to become the next managing director are in the most part acquired through experience and intuition.
"The Future Leaders Academy will help to fast track the industry stars of tomorrow through mentoring and close fellowship with existing agency leaders and a network of peers."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Are you a Freelance AM, SAM or AD in a UK creative agency? We need you! Day rates £150 - £250 a day! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, Central London
- Freelance Account Manager? We need you now! Exciting accounts and excellent rates up to £170 a day. Barker Graves Up to £170/day, central London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel