National Trust launches 'period drama' direct campaign
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 14 September 2012 11:00AM
The National Trust is sending out what appears to be a DVD of a period drama in the first direct mail campaign by Lida since winning the account in June.
The mail pack includes a DVD, which when played displays the opening credits of a period drama called ‘The Red Wing of Croome Court’.
The credits show the landscape around the Georgian mansion house but when the camera reaches the Red Wing, it becomes evident it is in a state of ruin and the title sequence grinds to a halt.
Words appear reading: ‘Sadly without your support we can’t continue the story’, then the property manager of Croome, Michael Smith, introduces an appeal to save the wing from collapse.
The pack, which includes an A4 letter, a leaflet and a donation form, is being sent to existing and lapsed donors and current members this week.
It was created by copywriter Andy O’Carroll and art director Spencer White and the DVD was produced by Media Junction with direction by Archie Brooksbank.
Nicky Bullard, creative director at Lida, said: "Thanks to the popularity of period drama such as Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs we focused on captivating members with the potentially fascinating stories of life in the Red Wing, through its own period drama. It expresses the message that without donations, these stories will be lost forever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency