'Rooftop rebels star in Pro Evolution Soccer ads
The Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 game is to be promoted by games publisher Konami with a global campaign including footballer Cristiano Ronaldo.
The campaign, launching on Monday (17 September), promotes the new Konami created game, called PES 2013, through an urban roof top party populated by a group of "Rooftop Rebels", who make their way across a city to collect ingredients for the "ultimate" gaming experience, from a generator to a projector and a sofa.
The campaign is split into two parts, with a second film acting as a big-reveal that shows Ronaldo is the brains behind the co-ordination of the rooftop party. The second half of the campaign willl launch on 20 September.
It was created by Frontroom, an agency specialising in entertainment and youth marketing, and will be supported by digital, print, outdoor and point of sale activity.
The campaign aims to pit the PES 2013 game against EA’s FIFA series, its direct football gaming rival with a high adspend.
Jon Murphy, marketing director at Konami, said: "Viva Pro Evo encapsulates the essence of rebellious individuality that marks out Pro Evolution Soccer and its army of loyal fans.
"The innovative new features in PES 2013 combine to deliver an experience that’s unrivalled in the market. Real football fans demand a pure football game and in support of our product innovations, we look forward to Frontroom’s campaign delivering a marked increase in market share."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Brand Marketeer EMR £30000 per annum, London
- Lead Graphic Designer / Creative Designer Guru Careers £35 - 40k, Based in London (EC1)
- Freelance ATL Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £190 per day, London
- Head of Marketing & Sales Stopgap £35000 per annum, London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive