Kellogg's readies cereal trolley stunt
Kellogg's aims to build anticipation ahead of the launch if its new white chocolate-flavoured Krave cereal, with a prize giveaway on Facebook.
The campaign, created by Glue Isobar and Carat, is centred on a Facebook game that gets fans to guess how far boxes of the new cereal will fly when a real shopping trolley containing them is launched from a ramp. The campaign will be supported by Facebook ads.
The person who guesses the correct distance the furthest box lands will win a range of prizes, including an iPad, the cereal, and Krave-branded goods. The game launches today (18 September) on Krave’s Facebook Page.
The trolley will fly on 8 October. The activity will be streamed on the Krave Facebook Page and promoted via a YouTube masthead ad, with a countdown from midnight on the day.
Kellogg has come under fire in the past over its marketing of Krave on Facebook, from healthy eating groups who claim it targets children.
In February, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) rejected a one such complaint made by The Alliance for Better Food & Farming, about the Krave Krusader Facebook game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- User Experience / User Interface (UX/UI) Designer Harnham £40000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus & excellent benefits, City of London
- Marketing Manager Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Greater Manchester
- Social Media Account Manager - Global Agency - London Digital Gurus £27000 - £32000 per annum + Benefits , London