MEC picks up £5m Butlins media task
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:25AM
MEC has won the media planning and buying account for the holiday company Butlins, after a review of the £5 million business.
The WPP-owned agency was awarded the account after a head-to-head against OMD. Mindshare was knocked out at an earlier stage.
ZenithOptimedia was the incumbent but did not repitch for the business. The review was handled by AAR.
Butlins is part of the Bourne Leisure group, which also owns Haven Holidays and Warner Leisure Hotels. It concentrated the majority of its media spend last year on TV and direct mail, with the rest reserved for press, radio and outdoor, according to Nielsen.
In May last year, Butlins parted company with Mother after nine months on the ad business. The account was taken in-house before being awarded to Now, the start-up founded by Mark Lund, John Townshend and Kate Waters.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London