EACA launches initiative to inspire 500,000 start-ups
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 September 2012 11:05AM
The European Association of Communications Agencies has unveiled a new initiative to support young entrepreneurs launching businesses.
The scheme, This Is My Future, aims to inspire 500,000 start-ups over the next three years through a series of tools and access to specialist advice. It is backed by a budget of e2.2 million.
It includes a web platform with inspirational content from young entrepreneurs and practical tools to test ideas, as well as networking events, mentoring and a portal linking entrepreneurs to advice from established businesses and funding sites.
A network of young entrepreneurs based initially in five hub markets will be responsible for growing the network, nurturing membership and commercialising the This Is My Future website.
The EACA has secured support for a TV, print and digital campaign to promote the website from media owners such as Google and Facebook, as well as industry bodies including the European Magazine Media Association, the European Publishers Council and the Association of Commercial Television in Europe. StartUp Britain is also backing the campaign.
Moray MacLennan, the EACA president and chief executive of M&C Saatchi Worldwide, said: "The EACA is uniquely placed in terms of skills and influence to devise and implement a meaningful campaign to engage young people."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Digital Account Manager Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum + 20% Bonus , London
- Mid/ Senior Integrated Project Manager Purple Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Senior Data Planner Direct Recruitment £65,000 - £80,000, London
- Client Services Executive - Leading Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £18000 - £20000 per annum, London