M&C Saatchi boosts first-half profits by 13%
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 12:01PM
M&C Saatchi's pre-tax profits jumped 13% to £8.7m for the six months ending 30 June, a performance driven by wins from brands including Spotify and Twitter.
The company's UK operations performed strongly, with revenues up 16% to £36.3m, while group-wide revenues grew 15% to £82.8m.
The ad agency said that in the UK, CRM and mobile performed particularly well.
Across mainland Europe, like-for-like revenues grew 25% and operating profit was up 31%, which the group said bucked the trend against a backdrop of "macro-economic challenges".
M&C's most dramatic performance overseas was in the Middle East and Africa, where like-for-like revenues rose 146% to £2.8m. Its Americas business grew 12% and Asia and Australia saw revenues up 12% and operating profit up 41%.
In the UK, wins over the period included O2, Loewe, National Trust, Harveys, Intercontinental Hotels and Virgin Holidays.
The firm said in a statement: "We retain a close watch on costs as well as margins. This resulted in the headline operating margin holding at 20.7%."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014