£3.2bn Aegis-Dentsu deal cleared by UK regulator
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 21 September 2012 03:49PM
The Office of Fair Trading has cleared the £3.2bn acquisition of Aegis by Japanese advertising group Dentsu.
The £3.2bn combination was not generally expected to raise any significant concerns in the UK, where the Japanese company's limited presence in advertising, digital creative and digital media is not perceived as overlapping with Aegis’ focus on media planning and buying.
Canada has also cleared the combination though Chinese regulators are still examining it.
Aegis and Dentsu are aiming to complete the deal in the fourth quarter of this year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits , London (North), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India