Littlewoods in autumn activity U-turn after sales 'missed out' in 2011
Online retailer Littlewoods will launch a TV ad campaign starring brand ambassador Myleene Klass tomorrow (26 September) to drive home its fashion credentials.
Littlewoods ran an autumn campaign in 2010, but opted out of a similar campaign last year and instead brought its Christmas campaign forward to October.
Consequently, Gary Kibble, brand director at Littlewoods, said that a year-on-year comparison showed that the brand "missed out" commercially and saw its fashion credentials take a knock as a result of not running an autumn campaign.
Research from Ipsos Mori showed the percentage of people who agreed that Littlewoods was a credible clothing retailer fell between 2010 and 2011.
Shop Direct Group-owned Littlewoods is focusing on fashion rather than electronics and furniture with its autumn activity, because of the greater frequency of fashion purchases.
Activity created by St Luke’s will focus on the "Littlewoods touch" proposition, which seeks to make products affordable by allowing customers to spread payments throughout the year.
Creative from the £2.3m campaign features Klass moving through a "magical playground" filled with casually dressed women playing on a number of retro-looking rides.
When Klass touches each woman in turn, their outfits transform into "elegant and stylish" party and formal wear.
The TV ad will be premiered on the brand's social media channels today and will run for six weeks, with TV spots supported by print and digital activity.
Media and digital tactical campaigns are being planned and booked by Carat and myThings respectively.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Account Manager - Selling to Agencies Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Commission, London
- National Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Client Director - Planning department leading OOH specialist Ultimate Asset £50000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- EMEA Sales Consultant Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition