campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 08:00AM
Unilever's review of the creative account for the spreads brand Flora is firmly under way. Three agencies, including the incumbent, Adam & Eve/DDB, will pitch in a process handled by Emma Reynolds at Pea Consulting. A result is due before Christmas. Apparently, the brand wants a big new idea to reconnect it to the mainstream.
The £20 million advertising pitch for FirstGroup's West Coast Main Line has been derailed after the decision by the Government to cancel the award of the franchise. In the latest omnishambles, the Government admitted that the tender process was flawed.
There's more drama on the B&Q creative pitch. The incumbent, McCann London, has pulled out after last week's departure of B&Q's marketing director, Katherine Paterson. Agencies left in the pitch are BETC London, Karmarama, WCRS and Dare. David Hutchinson, the acting marketing director at the DIY equipment retailer, expressed "regret" over McCann's decision.
Another agency humming the tune to Cast's 1995 classic Walkaway is DLKW Lowe, which is understood to have done so from the pitch for the SCA incontinence brand Tena, after working with the client since 2005.
The media review for Center Parcs is finally entering the home straight. It is understood that Vizeum and Walker Media are left in the running, after MPG Media Contacts and M/SIX were told they are out of the process.
Agencies expect to hear on the Johnson & Johnson media review at any time. All four agencies (Carat, UM, OMD and Group M's MEC-backed Team J&J) insist they are still in the game.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- UK Marketing Controller Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £49000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus , Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- Brand Manager Sky negotiable, Middlesex
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity