Daily Diary - clash of the football titans
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 09 October 2012 11:13AM
When Grey and AMV BBDO clash it's normally before a pitch but this time they met as opposing teams in an altogether different type of competition.
The two big London agencies came together over the weekend to settle who were the football champions.
Pre-match controversy ensued after favourites AMV BBDO FC tried to register 247 players for the game but was forced to stick to a usual 11-player squad by the local FA.
AMV’s intimidation initially paid off as the team raced to a 3-1 lead against Grey LDN X1.
A shell-shocked Grey soon found their form however, as new business manager and striker, Gareth Hall, dragged his team back into the game with an emphatic 20-minute hat trick, sending fans into a cider-fuelled frenzy on a warm day in Ladbroke Grove.
And the grudge match was settled once and for all in the second half, with a nerveless performance and two further goals from the boys from Hatton Garden, leaving the final score Grey LDN X1 6 – AMV BBDO FC 3.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency