DCM hires Clear Channel's Zoe Jones as marketing director
Digital Cinema Media, the cinema ad sales house, has appointed Zoe Jones, currently Clear Channel International's head of communications, as its new director of marketing, replacing Fleur Castell.
Jones will join DCM on 29 October and will be charged with developing marketing communications to support the Odeon and Cineworld-owned firm's cinema advertising sales operation.
At the end of last month DCM switched its ad serving to digital and is now able to offer brands greater flexibility and get campaigns on screen much more quickly.
Jones has been at Clear Channel since 2006. Sha has held various marketing communications roles including PR manager and head of communications at Clear Channel Outdoor UK before moving to its international business.
Earlier in her career Jones worked at the Professional Publishers Association (PPA) as editorial communications manager.
Rees said: "We were looking for someone who shared our passion for the craft of communication above all and cared about the quality of communications output.
"We’re confident we’ve found what we were looking for in Zoe."
In addition to handling the ad sales for Odeon and Cineworld cinemas DCM also has the contract for the Vue chain, giving it around 80% of the market.
Jones said: "I am thrilled to be joining DCM at such an exciting time – cinema is the most emotionally impactful medium and with DCM leading the digital transformation it is now more dynamic, flexible and creative than ever before.
"I’m looking forward to working closely with Simon and the leadership team to help push forward their ambitious and innovative plans to grow cinema's share of the media mix."
Castell left DCM at the end of last year after six years.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer Ninesharp £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Sussex
- Head of PR, Luxury Travel, Surrey, £60-65k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, London (Greater) / Surrey
- Lead Promotions Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Senior Brand Manager Weetabix Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Greater) / Northamptonshire / Kettering, Northamptonshire
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup