WPP launches agency to handle Pfizer business
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:00AM
WPP has set up a new agency, called The Reality Shop, to service the newly won consolidated £5 million UK Pfizer account.
The Reality Shop, which will be based in WPP offices on Westbourne Terrace, London, is in the process of recruiting staff to handle the business.
The new agency pitched for the UK Pfizer account as part of WPP's Team Pfizer, which is run out of New York. CHI & Partners previously handled the bulk of the business, including brands such as Anadin and Centrum. The SMA Nutrition brands, handled by Publicis, are in the process of being sold to Nestlé and were not included in the review.
As well as acting as a conflict shop (JWT was prevented from pitching for Pfizer as it already handles Bayer Consumer Healthcare), The Reality Shop will also pitch for other pieces of businesses.
The Pfizer review was part of a wider cost-cutting exercise at the pharmaceutical giant.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Freelance Mid-Senior Digital Project Manager's required Source £200 - £350 per day, London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office