Walker Media beats three to £5m Center Parcs business
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 11 October 2012 10:45AM
Center Parcs, the UK holiday park operator, has appointed Walker Media to its estimated £5 million integrated media planning and buying business after a four-way pitch.
Walker Media beat Vizeum in a final shoot-out. MPG Media Contacts and M/SIX were knocked out earlier in the process, which was handled by Ebiquity.
The appointment ends Center Parcs' seven-year relationship with MediaCom, the incumbent on the offline planning and buying account, and five-year partnership with Golley Slater, which worked on its digital activity.
Last month, Center Parcs handed a brand repositioning brief to 18 Feet & Rising ahead of the launch of an ad campaign next year. The brand had previously worked with Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
Center Parcs has four sites in the UK (in Cumbria, Nottinghamshire, Wiltshire and Suffolk) and will open its fifth "village" in Woburn Forest, Bedfordshire, in spring 2013.
Colin Whaley, the sales and marketing director at Center Parcs, said: "Walker Media understood our objectives and demonstrated the best strategic thinking and value in the pitch. We were impressed by their holistic approach to response and integrated vision regarding screen media."
Walker Media restructured at the beginning of the year and integrated its digital display and TV teams under the head of screen, Clive Record.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- PPC Specialist Homeaway Uk Ltd Attractive package, Victoria Station
- Senior Account Executives become £23-24K, Merseyside
- Digital Marketing Manager - Onsite Conversion Up to 12 month FTC (Maternity cover) Which? c. £45,000 - £55,000, Greater London
- Head of Corporate Communications London Borough of Hounslow £55572 - 67544 per year + Final Salary Pension, Hounslow Central
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency