Turkey of the Week - Wieden & Kennedy Portland/Facebook
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 08:00AM
Anne Cassidy cringes at the Facebook ad "the things that connect us", by Wieden & Kennedy Portland:
"This spot is a litany of tenuous similes. The hilarity starts when, after talking about chairs, the narrator asserts: 'That is why chairs are like Facebook.' And basketball, bridges, doorbells and aeroplanes are all like Facebook, apparently. Whoever thought it was a good idea to slap on a tacky shot of hands embracing at the end should be forced to watch this on a loop as punishment."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Search & Performance Marketing Director - Dubai MCG Associates Competitive and Tax Free in the sunshine!, Dubai, UAE
- Regional Planning & Strategy Director - Middle East & North Africa - Dubai Based MCG Associates Large Tax Free Package + Family Medical + Family Flights + Bonus + Relocation flights and hotel, Dubai - UAE
- Biddable Account Manager - Social Media - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager - near Bath Stopgap £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'