Gap reviews international creative and media
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 08:00AM
Gap, the high-street clothing retailer, has approached agencies about its international advertising and media accounts.
It is understood that the review will not affect Gap’s key North American market, where the bulk of the brand’s spend is focused. The creative business is handled by Ogilvy & Mather, while PHD looks after media.
The review coincides with a restructure of Gap’s global brand management, which saw its North American, international, online, outlet and franchise divisions brought together under a single global executive for each of its Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy brands.
The retailer launched a global marketing campaign in August last year in a bid to expand its presence in world markets. The predominantly digital "1969 LA and beyond" campaign, created by O&M, told the story of Gap’s denim studio in Los Angeles and how its products are worn in different cities around the world.
Gap has also previously worked with Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which was responsible for a 2009 Christmas campaign called "holiday cheer" that encouraged people to connect with the brand.
PHD retained the $300 million consolidated global media account at the end of 2010. It is expected to repitch for the business.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency