Carat lands £35m Pringles media job
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 18 October 2012 10:35AM
Carat has landed the £35 million media planning and buying business for the crisp brand Pringles across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The incumbents were MediaCom and Starcom. The business moves to Carat after a change in ownership of the brand.
Earlier this year, Kellogg acquired Pringles from Procter & Gamble, which uses the WPP and Publicis networks to handle media.
Carat has looked after Kellogg's £200 million EMEA media account since 2008.
The agency will work across the UK, Italy, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, the Nordics, Spain, France, Russia, Israel and the Middle East. UK media spend is £5 million, according to Nielsen.
Sources said that, despite the media switch, there are no immediate plans to change creative arrangements. Grey Worldwide handles advertising for Pringles.
The acquisition has nearly tripled the size of Kellogg's international snack business.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Copywriter/Content Manager Brand Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Milton Keynes
- Account Manager Major Players £26000 - £32000 per annum, London
- Head Of Brand And Comms Ball & Hoolahan £75,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £24000 - £27000 per annum, Manchester
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%