Wieden & Kennedy creates first TV spot for Tesco
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 22 October 2012 11:07AM
Wieden & Kennedy's first television ad for Tesco launches this week, promoting a £5 saving for customers who spend £40, following the supermarket's split with The Red Brick Road.
Creative for the tactical campaign features the 'Thunderbirds' theme and pushes the brand's offer that takes £5 off a £40 grocery spend, online and in-store, before Thursday 25 October.
The countdown from the Thunderbirds theme is used to drive home the saving of £5, while the strapline 'Every Little Helps' features prominently after the supermarket considered dropping it during the review process.
The television spot is being supported by press and online activity.
Tactical activity for the promotion comes ahead of a major pre-Christmas brand campaign created by Wieden & Kennedy, announced by Tesco chief executive Philip Clarke during the supermarket’s last financial update.Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 p.a., South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Junior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch