Diary: Sharpen those arrows
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
The legendary Eric Bristow sank pints and arrows along with adland's finest pub-sportsmen and sportswomen at the Campaign darts night last week in the plush surroundings of Rileys in London's Victoria.
DLKW Lowe, the sponsor of the night, was victorious again this year, beating a strong team from Dare in a tense final. The best of the losing teams was Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which triumphed over Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO. One highlight of the evening was Bristow's imaginative take on ad agency names as he hosted the draw. He pronounced CHI as "chi", the Taoist vital force, affectionately called Dare "Dave" and renamed BBH "BBM". The darts veteran's next stop is the jungle, as he is to star in the new series of I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!. When he's dining on kangaroo genitals and sparring with the likes of Linda Robson, Bristow can rest assured he will have the whole of adland cheering him on.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Head of Publicity and Social Think Jam Limited Excellent salary and benefits, London
- Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, City of London
- PR Account Manager, Entertainment/Broadcast, £30k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 per annum, London
- Social Media Manager - NOW TV Sky negotiable, London
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- 'We will always love M&S' says Walker Media in goodbye statement