Diary: Sharpen those arrows
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 08:00AM
The legendary Eric Bristow sank pints and arrows along with adland's finest pub-sportsmen and sportswomen at the Campaign darts night last week in the plush surroundings of Rileys in London's Victoria.
DLKW Lowe, the sponsor of the night, was victorious again this year, beating a strong team from Dare in a tense final. The best of the losing teams was Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which triumphed over Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO. One highlight of the evening was Bristow's imaginative take on ad agency names as he hosted the draw. He pronounced CHI as "chi", the Taoist vital force, affectionately called Dare "Dave" and renamed BBH "BBM". The darts veteran's next stop is the jungle, as he is to star in the new series of I'm A Celebrity ... Get Me Out Of Here!. When he's dining on kangaroo genitals and sparring with the likes of Linda Robson, Bristow can rest assured he will have the whole of adland cheering him on.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Network Marketing £35000 - £42000 per annum, Manchester
- Marketing Executive Ninesharp £15 - £17.50 per hour, London
- Planner - middleweight Pitch Consultants £23000 - £27000 per annum, Leeds
- PR Director - Energy & Environment Jarlett de Grouchy £43000 - £48000 per annum + benefits, London
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014
- Evian tops YouTube 2013 ad leaderboard
- Watch: The Economist's interactive Nelson Mandela film