Clas Ohlson opens talks with shops ahead of expansion
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 10:55AM
Clas Ohlson, Sweden's third-largest retailer, is on the hunt for an agency to handle advertising in the UK as it ramps up its marketing efforts.
The electrical and hardware chain, which currently has 12 stores in the UK but plans to open an additional 20 across the group this year, has contacted agencies directly to invite them to pitch for the business. Initially, the business will focus on the UK.
Clas Ohlson works with SapientNitro on its digital business. The agency helped launch an e-commerce platform for the brand earlier this year.
Clas Ohlson started as a mail-order company in Sweden in 1918 and is now the country's biggest home and hardware chain. It sells mostly own-label products.
Many of its stores in the UK, including in Croydon, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, Reading and Watford, are in former Woolworths and Zavvi outlets.
The retailer is known for its "herring back" promise, which offers customers their money back and a jar of free pickled herrings if they find a product they purchased on sale at a cheaper price elsewhere.
The brand entered the UK market in 2008, offering more than 10,000 products across home, multimedia, electrical, hardware and leisure.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Society Marketing Manager - Global Publishing House Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package, Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Digital Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Peterborough
- Technical SEO Account Manager - Leading Mid-size Agency Ultimate Asset £30000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Brand Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, Ipswich
- Group M wins Vodafone's £600m media account
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Campaign Viral Chart: Evian's Spider-Man tops chart in week of movie premiere
- Tait replaces Papworth as W&K's ECD
- M&S moves £60m media account to Mindshare
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'