Karmarama hires Hill to oversee planning
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 11:15AM
Karmarama has further boosted its senior team by hiring Dan Hill, AKQA's planning director on the agency's Nike account, as its first head of planning.
Hill was at AKQA for a year and worked across Nike globally, with responsibilities including the development of new digital products and services. He also played a key role in AKQA's office launch in Paris earlier this year.
Before that, he was the global planning director at Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam for two-and a-half years, again working as the lead strategist on the agency's Nike account.
At W&K, Hill worked on the Cannes Film Grand Prix-winning "write the future" campaign for the running-shoe brand, as well as on the agency's ESPN and EA Games accounts.
Sid McGrath, Karmarama's chief strategy officer, said: "Dan is the most progressive planner I've met for years, effortlessly combining brand thinking with technology and commerce. As the new head of planning at Karmarama, he will make our discipline more integrated, intuitive, interesting and mischievous."
The appointment follows Karmarama's summer hirings of Lawrence Weber from The Brookyln Brothers as the head of digital integration, David Pandit from Bartle Bogle Hegarty as the director of data and analytics, and Mark Harrison from Mother as the managing director of retail.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- DM Account / Senior Manager Â– Not for profit / Charity sector ADLIB £Dependent on experience , South West England / Gloucestershire
- Project and Operations Manager BIS Recruit up to £50,000 plus BUPA Share Options free beer breakfasts and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Business Forecaster / Modeller BIS Recruit up to £40,000 plus BUPA, Share Options, free beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Information Security Analyst BIS Recruit up to £35,000 Bupa, Share Options, Free Beer and more, City of Westminster, London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account