Freesat introduces 'turn back time' TV guide service
Freesat, the satellite TV service, is rolling out a campaign that features a character who has had excessive plastic surgery, to illustrate the benefits of its new Free Time on-screen TV guide.
Creative from the TV campaign by VCCP will run the strapline "satellite TV so good you won’t believe it’s free".
Television activity will launch today, supported by press, experiential, retail and social media activity with additional digital activity including the launch of an online social community for customers.
Will Abbott, marketing and communications director at Freesat, says the activity will explain the benefits of Free Time in a "simple and fun way".
Free Time offers viewers the chance to "turn back time" with a backward guide that enables users to watch programmes that have already aired.
Additional features include a Showcase section providing TV recommendations and a video-on-demand (VoD) service.
Abbott said: "By showcasing our new guide we wanted to challenge the assumption amongst some pay TV customers that choosing a free TV service means compromising on a brilliant TV experience."
However, in order to access the service consumers will have to buy a set-top box costing £279, which is £20 cheaper than the retail price of competing set-top box YouView. The campaign is the third TV campaign created for Freesat by VCCP, which has held the account for over two years.
Tom Tagholm directed the TV ad, having previously worked on campaigns including Channel 4's 'Meet the Superhumans' spot for its Paralympic Games coverage.
Media planning and buying has been handled by MPG.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire