Freesat introduces 'turn back time' TV guide service
By Matthew Chapman, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 25 October 2012 03:15PM
Freesat, the satellite TV service, is rolling out a campaign that features a character who has had excessive plastic surgery, to illustrate the benefits of its new Free Time on-screen TV guide.
Creative from the TV campaign by VCCP will run the strapline "satellite TV so good you won’t believe it’s free".
Television activity will launch today, supported by press, experiential, retail and social media activity with additional digital activity including the launch of an online social community for customers.
Will Abbott, marketing and communications director at Freesat, says the activity will explain the benefits of Free Time in a "simple and fun way".
Free Time offers viewers the chance to "turn back time" with a backward guide that enables users to watch programmes that have already aired.
Additional features include a Showcase section providing TV recommendations and a video-on-demand (VoD) service.
Abbott said: "By showcasing our new guide we wanted to challenge the assumption amongst some pay TV customers that choosing a free TV service means compromising on a brilliant TV experience."
However, in order to access the service consumers will have to buy a set-top box costing £279, which is £20 cheaper than the retail price of competing set-top box YouView. The campaign is the third TV campaign created for Freesat by VCCP, which has held the account for over two years.
Tom Tagholm directed the TV ad, having previously worked on campaigns including Channel 4's 'Meet the Superhumans' spot for its Paralympic Games coverage.
Media planning and buying has been handled by MPG.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £32000 - £38000 per annum, London
- CRM Manager, London, £50,000 Direct Recruitment £50k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Account Manager, London, £30k Direct Recruitment £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy