Samsung launches TV ad starring 143 David Baileys
Samsung is running a TV campaign starring 143 David Baileys from all over the UK as part of a multi-million campaign for its NX smart camera.
The David Baileys were recruited via a press and digital marketing campaign and include a priest from Tamworth, a teacher from Kent, and a plumber from Cambridge.
Cheil UK created the campaign that aims to democratise photography and show that the Samsung camera can make amazing pictures accessible to everyone.
The 30-second TV spot, produced by Rokkit and directed by Andrew Lang, features the David Baileys learning to use the camera and testing their skills at a catwalk show.
Television activity will run throughout November on channels including ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and Sky, with media planning and buying by Starcom Mediavest.
Renowned photographer David Bailey has given the campaign his backing and said he found the idea of having "loads of Baileys all over the place taking pictures" appealing.
He said: "What makes it special is they aren't photographers, so the results will demonstrate how good the camera is, and I'm looking forward to seeing the shots taken by my namesakes."
Samsung is aiming its NX range of cameras at those with an interest in photography and who want to "graduate from a compact to a more 'professional'-style camera".
The range includes Wi-Fi connectivity and does not have "the cumbersome weight and design of an SLR".Follow @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014