Postar 2 roll-out set for early 2013
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:00AM
Postar, the body that provides outdoor audience data to advertisers, has announced a launch date for its delayed Postar 2 research.
The data will be unveiled on 26 February and has been developed with the support of a £19 million investment from the outdoor industry.
Media industry sources had expected Postar 2 to launch in 2011 after an initial announcement in 2008 that the outdoor industry would update its measurement system.
Postar 2 is based on GPS technology that monitors the movements of 23,000 people. This is an update on the current system, though the "eye-tracking" research element of the existing model will be retained and expanded alongside the new approach.
The data, which is provided by Ipsos MediaCT and covers all outdoor formats and environments, will continue to be updated quarterly.
A beta version will be made available to subscribers from this week to allow them to familiarise themselves with the data, to train staff and to update systems.
Data will cover road, Tube and rail environments, and will be expanded to cover airport and retail advertising after the launch.
James Whitmore, the managing director of Postar, said: "This has been a time-consuming, very detailed undertaking. We are in a position to launch this rich data in February next year and now need to prepare the industry in an ordered and measured way."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Affiliate Account Manager - German Betting Appointments £30000 - £35000 per annum + bonus, London
- eCommerce Operations Executive - 6 month contract ADLIB £20000 - £25000 per annum, Bristol
- Marketing Manager - 12 month contract Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum + car allowance, Newport Pagnell
- Category Executive - FMCG Brand Recruitment £Competitive , Peterborough
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency