Agencies compete for Freixenet ad account
By Jeremy Lee, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 01 November 2012 11:45AM
Freixenet, the UK's bestselling sparkling wine producer, has approached agencies ahead of a pitch for its UK advertising account.
The wine brand has approached agencies directly, inviting them to pitch for the business. It follows an aborted approach earlier this year.
Leo Burnett has previously handled its UK creative, but in the past few years Freixenet has worked with Spanish agencies.
JWT Barcelona produced a new global positioning in 2010 that highlighted the brand's Mediterranean heritage, using the straplines "Wonderfully unexpected" and "Barcelona since 1861".
Freixenet is known in Spain for its annual Christmas TV campaign that stars a different celebrity each year. The singer Shakira and the actors Antonio Banderas and Sharon Stone have all featured in the seasonal spots for the wine-maker. In the UK, its advertising has mostly focused on press ads.
In August 2011, Freixenet put its media planning and buying business in key global markets, including the UK, up for pitch.
Freixenet is the top-selling sparkling wine brand in the off-trade, according to Mintel data, with sales of £34 million in 2011 and a 9 per cent market share. The brand has benefited from the strong performance of Cava as consumers traded down from Champagne. Its brands include Cordon Negro Cava and Ash Tree Estate wine.Follow @Jezzalee
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Digital Media Senior Executive - Mobile - Leading Agency Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- SENIOR DIGITAL PLANNER - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager - Ardington Ltd Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, South East
- Brand Activation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
- IAB: ad is 'viewable' if half of it is seen for one second
- Powerade launches global World Cup campaign
- We Are Pi wins Wrangler's European creative account
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers