Fisherman's Friend 'fond farewell remake' by M-A-D-E
Campaign Work, Monday, 05 November 2012 01:49PM
The memorable "fond farewell" commercial, made to promote Fisherman's Friend lozenges more than a quarter-of-a-century ago, has been reshot to support the brand's US launch this week.
The original 1986 30-second spot was created by the Collett Dickenson Pearce-owned Travis Dale. It features a woman urging her boyfriend to take a pack of Fisherman’s Friend with him on what appears to be a hazardous deep-sea fishing voyage. In fact, he is just taking some holidaymakers on a trip around the harbour.
The new version was shot in a remote Norwegian harbour by the Norwegian director Ubbe Haavind. It brought together Peter Travis, the former Travis Dale managing director, who has had a long association with the account, and Mark Andrews, CDP’s one-time head of TV and founder of M-A-D-E, which handled the remake.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account