Fisherman's Friend 'fond farewell remake' by M-A-D-E
Campaign Work, Monday, 05 November 2012 01:49PM
The memorable "fond farewell" commercial, made to promote Fisherman's Friend lozenges more than a quarter-of-a-century ago, has been reshot to support the brand's US launch this week.
The original 1986 30-second spot was created by the Collett Dickenson Pearce-owned Travis Dale. It features a woman urging her boyfriend to take a pack of Fisherman’s Friend with him on what appears to be a hazardous deep-sea fishing voyage. In fact, he is just taking some holidaymakers on a trip around the harbour.
The new version was shot in a remote Norwegian harbour by the Norwegian director Ubbe Haavind. It brought together Peter Travis, the former Travis Dale managing director, who has had a long association with the account, and Mark Andrews, CDP’s one-time head of TV and founder of M-A-D-E, which handled the remake.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Client Director - Digital Agency - London £50-65k Adam Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Camden, London (Greater)
- Neolane Campaign Manager PFJ £300 - £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing Operations Jarlett de Grouchy £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager - consumer products ADLIB £38000 - £43000 per annum, Cornwall