Fisherman's Friend 'fond farewell remake' by M-A-D-E
Campaign Work, Monday, 05 November 2012 01:49PM
The memorable "fond farewell" commercial, made to promote Fisherman's Friend lozenges more than a quarter-of-a-century ago, has been reshot to support the brand's US launch this week.
The original 1986 30-second spot was created by the Collett Dickenson Pearce-owned Travis Dale. It features a woman urging her boyfriend to take a pack of Fisherman’s Friend with him on what appears to be a hazardous deep-sea fishing voyage. In fact, he is just taking some holidaymakers on a trip around the harbour.
The new version was shot in a remote Norwegian harbour by the Norwegian director Ubbe Haavind. It brought together Peter Travis, the former Travis Dale managing director, who has had a long association with the account, and Mark Andrews, CDP’s one-time head of TV and founder of M-A-D-E, which handled the remake.
This article was first published on Campaign Work
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Client Account Manager Content is King c. £25k per annum dependent on experience, SW1
- Shopper Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Senior Brand Manager - Drinks Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + CA + benefits, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + CA + benefits, London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%