Harris Diamond replaces Nick Brien as CEO of McCann Worldgroup
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 14 November 2012 08:48AM
Nick Brien has been replaced as chief executive of McCann Worldgroup by Harris Diamond, chairman and chief executive of IPG's constituency management group, which oversees GolinHarris and Weber Shandwick.
Diamond will hold the titles of chairman and chief executive.
Brien took over the role of chief executive of McCann Worldgroup in January 2010, overseeing the operations of the entire McCann group, which includes McCann Erickson, Universal McCann and MRM Worldwide.
Brien was previously worldwide chief executive of Mediabrands.
As part of the shake-up, Luca Lindner, president of McCann Worldgroup Americas, and Gustavo Martinez, president of Europe, have been given wider roles, each adding geographic responsiblities and oversight of McCann Erickson advertising.
Lindner will now have responsibility for Middle East and Africa whilie Martinez will add Asia-Pacific responsibilities to his current role.
Both Lindner and Martinez will join Diamond in a new, three-person office of the chairman for McCann Worldgroup.
A further change sees Andy Polansky, president of Weber Shadwick, replacing Diamond as chief executive of the PR agency.
Commenting on the changes, Michael Roth, chief executive and chairman of Interpublic, said: "Harris understands the business needs of global CEOs, across a range of industries. He has a proven track record of effectively managing a portfolio of agencies and growing the top line."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- French PPC Executive Just Digital £30000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, Surrey
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum, City of London
- UK & I Marketing Manager Stopgap £28000 per annum, London
- PPC Manager - Legendary Indie Agency GoodEgg Digital £35-40k + Benefits, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity