Diary: Dark side of John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
This year's John Lewis ad is not for the emotionally vulnerable.
If last year's got people a bit misty-eyed, then this one will have the phones at the Samaritans ringing off the hook. It also prompted an outpouring on Twitter at #failedjohnlewisads, where people have had a lot of fun coming up with dark ad ideas for John Lewis that would only get on telly if Jerry Sadowitz became its marketing director. It includes such gems as "small child walks through a magical snowy forest, suddenly jimmy savile appears, grabs him ... fade to black" and "In soft focus. In the snow. The boot of Father Christmas is stamping on a human face for ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - South West Stopgap £39000 - £47000 per annum, South West England
- Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director Gemini Search £170 - £250 per day, City of London
- Senior Account Managers/Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity