Diary: Dark side of John Lewis
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
This year's John Lewis ad is not for the emotionally vulnerable.
If last year's got people a bit misty-eyed, then this one will have the phones at the Samaritans ringing off the hook. It also prompted an outpouring on Twitter at #failedjohnlewisads, where people have had a lot of fun coming up with dark ad ideas for John Lewis that would only get on telly if Jerry Sadowitz became its marketing director. It includes such gems as "small child walks through a magical snowy forest, suddenly jimmy savile appears, grabs him ... fade to black" and "In soft focus. In the snow. The boot of Father Christmas is stamping on a human face for ever."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Business Development and Sales Manager - Digital Brand Recruitment £60000 per annum + plus benefits, Cambridge
- Senior Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Senior Analyst & Business Development Manager EMR £50000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Brand Development Manager - NOW TV Sky negotiable, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- MEC boss Courtier hails £600m Vodafone media win as 'life changing'
- Partners Andrews Aldridge restructures creative with hires and promotions
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition