MEC scoops £45m Kingfisher media
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 15 November 2012 08:00AM
Kingfisher has handed MEC its consolidated £45 million media planning and buying business for its B&Q, TradePoint and Screwfix brands.
The appointment, which coincides with the ongoing B&Q creative review, follows a final head-to-head with ZenithOptimedia.
MEC was the incumbent on the media planning for the £34 million B&Q business, while ZenithOptimedia handled its media buying.
ZenithOptimedia also looked after the media planning and buying for Screwfix, the online supplier of trade tools that spends £6 million on media, according to Nielsen.
Carat Manchester was the incumbent on B&Q’s TradePoint brand, which targets building professionals. Carat was involved in the pitch process at its early stages.
Kingfisher launched the review in August with the consultant Paul Longhurst.
A result on B&Q’s creative contest is expected imminently, with Karmarama and WCRS vying for the account. McCann London, the incumbent, pulled out of the process.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Strategist Zebra People £300 - £400 per day, London (East), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account