Abba Newbery- Director of Advertising Strategy, News International
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 20 November 2012 12:00AM
Abba Newbery is Director of Advertising Strategy at News International and is responsible for developing longer-term advertising models across platform, publication and audience that allows News International to remain relevant to the changing needs of advertisers, ensuring a commercially viable but platform agnostic future.
She is particularly focused on developing greater accountability through reporting and metrics, and greater efficiency through more precise audience targeting and measurable results. Abba and her strategy team play a key role in determining the new commercial behaviours and capabilities across all News International titles, platforms and new businesses.
She was previously Creative Solutions Director, having joined NIC in February 2009, where she oversaw double-digit revenue growth. In 2002 Newbery joined Universal McCann as Planning Director, responsible for a high-profile brand portfolio including L’Oreal, T Mobile and Intel, before leaving in 2004 to join the Almond Partnership as its founding Head of Planning. She re-joined Universal McCann in 2005 and became managing partner in 2007, and was a key contributor to the development of their global planning process. Prior to her time at Universal McCann she was Communications Planning Director at Carat.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London