Campaign Media Awards 2012- Best Media & Entertainment Campaign: Virgin Media
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Fifty6's brief was to ensure customers knew Virgin Media was the fastest and best place to get broadband. Research found that competitors' customers were most annoyed by the online buffering that plagues their digital experience.
- Title: Introducing "Buffertising"
- Media agency: Fifty6
- Media director: Paul Gayfer
- Media planner: Suzy Casey
- Creative agency: Bartle Bogle Hegarty with The Red Brick Road and Havas Worldwide London
- Account planner: Tim Jones
- Client: Virgin Media
- Brand/product: Virgin Media Broadband
- Marketing director: Jeff Dodds
- Brand manager: Julian Hawkins
Fifty6’s strategy was to illustrate how unacceptable buffering is by bringing it to life in the most visible and surprising place possible: TV. "Buffertising" used ads by Yeo Valley, Citroën and Magners, placed in
high-profile commercial breaks, but halfway through the ads were paused and buffered several times, causing consternation among viewers. The ads then referenced Virgin Media and its buffer-free service.
Likes on Facebook increased by more than 2,000 and the campaign generated in excess of 815,000 Tweets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Campaign Programmer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Guildford
- Senior Marketing Manager Trace £35000 - £55000 Per Annum + benefits, South West London
- Marketing Manager x 2 Stopgap £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager Source £30000 - £35000 per annum, London