Campaign Media Awards - Best Use of Research: Gocompare.com
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Carat recognised that, in the price-comparison marketplace, share of voice is crucial, but that pursuing it excessively could result in a TV arms race that could end up unprofitable for everyone.
- Title: Gocompare.com - "Beating competitors through real-time TV planning"
- Media agency: Carat
- Media director: Glyn Shadwell
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: n/s
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Gocompare.com
- Brand/product: Research
- Marketing director: Nick Hall
- Brand manager: Tom Ellis
The agency’s econometrics analysis showed that current TV weekly weights for the level of competitor activity were disproportionate. Although the performance difference from the optimal week looked relatively small, refinements made a substantial performance difference over an annual period.
Combined with the relative cost-effectiveness of TV in different months, these efficiency gains enabled Carat to deliver the same business performance while saving Gocompare.com a seven-figure sum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- E-Commerce Business Analyst Stopgap £300 - £400 per day + 6 month contract, South East England
- Online Marketing Assistant Better Placed Recruitment negotiable, North West England
- E-Commerce Product Manager Stopgap £300 - £400 per day + 12 month contract, South East England
- Ad Operations Manager (Digital Advertising/Video/ VoD) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + bonus, benefits, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office