Campaign Media Awards - Best Use of Research: Gocompare.com
campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 22 November 2012 08:00AM
Carat recognised that, in the price-comparison marketplace, share of voice is crucial, but that pursuing it excessively could result in a TV arms race that could end up unprofitable for everyone.
- Title: Gocompare.com - "Beating competitors through real-time TV planning"
- Media agency: Carat
- Media director: Glyn Shadwell
- Media planner: n/s
- Creative agency: n/s
- Account planner: n/s
- Client: Gocompare.com
- Brand/product: Research
- Marketing director: Nick Hall
- Brand manager: Tom Ellis
The agency’s econometrics analysis showed that current TV weekly weights for the level of competitor activity were disproportionate. Although the performance difference from the optimal week looked relatively small, refinements made a substantial performance difference over an annual period.
Combined with the relative cost-effectiveness of TV in different months, these efficiency gains enabled Carat to deliver the same business performance while saving Gocompare.com a seven-figure sum.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel