Wickes calls pitch for search account
Wickes, the home-improvement retailer, is reviewing its search account, currently held by Greenlight.
Those challenging for the business are thought to include OMD and iProspect, whose sister Aegis agency Carat picked up the Wickes media planning and buying account at the end of last year.
The winning agency is expected to be appointed by the end of 2012.
Wickes appointed Carat to handle its £23 million media business in December 2011 after a final shoot-out against Walker Media. The previous incumbent, MEC, dropped out earlier in the process.
The retailer also appointed Partners Andrews Aldridge to its direct marketing account in February last year.
In September, Wickes introduced a brand character, called Wickesy the dog, in a social media and TV campaign for its paint range by the advertising agency MWO and the social media shop Jam.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Marketing Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency