MediaCom scoops £2m Harper Collins account
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 05 December 2012 10:41AM
MediaCom has been appointed to the £2m media planning and buying account for News Corporation-owned book publisher Harper Collins.
The incumbent on the account was Walker Media, which had worked for the publisher since 2009. Prior to that, OMD handled the account.
It is understood that Harper Collins aims to expand on its digital strategy for its literary marketing campaigns and ramp up its social media spend.
This week, Robert Thomson was named as the head of the demerged publishing business soon to be formed at News Corp, which will include Harper Collins in its portfolio.
The book publisher is currently promoting its recent release ‘Cheryl: My Story’, an authorised biography of the pop singer and L’Oreal ambassador Cheryl Cole’s life.
Harper Collins publishes a range of fiction, business, cookbooks, romance, history, children’s books and audio books. In October it was announced that Harper Collins was partnering with actor Jonny Depp to create a new book imprint.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Conceptual Copywriter - Ambitious, Strategic Agency ADLIB DOE, Bristol
- Head of UK Marketing Communications Adam Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Associate Marketing Director (Global Education) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Chichester, West Sussex
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £22000 - £23000 per annum, Manchester
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- UK wins four gold Film Lions
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency