Hunter takes control of British weather in global Facebook campaign
Hunter, the premium wellington boot brand, has today launched a global Facebook campaign that aims to drive consumer engagement by focusing on the weather.
The campaign, created by digital agency We Are Social, is called 'Together Through Any Weather, and centres on a daily prize giveaway throughout January, dependent on the UK weather.
Prizes range from a pair of wellies on days forecast for rain, to fleece welly socks if it snows. The promotion runs until 31 January.
Hunter Facebook fans will be asked to create and capture a picture based on the daily weather theme and upload it to the Hunter app to enter the competition, with a winner selected by the brand each day.
The weather featured in the app will be based on London’s forecast, using information from the Met Office, although users from across the globe will be able to enter the competition.
Michelle Noschese, marketing manager, Hunter Boots, said: "January is a key time of year for us, with people looking ahead to the rainy months to come, as well as coping with the current weather conditions.
"One of the few good things about a rainy day is that people get to wear their Hunter Boots and We Are Social has used this insight to deliver a campaign that will allow our fans to have a bit of fun with the weather.
"While Hunter Boots is a British heritage brand, which is why we’ve focused on London weather, we’re hoping that our fans across the world embrace this campaign and get creative with their entries."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, East London
- Email Marketing Assistant Stopgap £20000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Partnerships Maternity Cover 9-12 Months Fixed-Term Sport England £45,650, Bloomsbury, London
- Digital Manager (contract) Direct Recruitment £45-50k, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- Metro launches content agency