campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 January 2013 08:00AM
This week's pitch news.
BBDO is the second network to be dropped from the HSBC global pitch. The decision narrows the pitchlist down to Saatchi & Saatchi, Grey and the incumbent, JWT. McCann Worldgroup exited the process in November.
The ongoing saga of the Government’s review of its creative roster is set to play for some time. It is said to have advised the pitching agencies that the results of the creative review have been delayed until late February, two months behind schedule. Meanwhile, the strategy review is set to kick off in April.
Think back to 2 August. To jog memories: it was the day that Team GB’s Peter Wilson won gold in the men’s double trap and Sir Chris Hoy, Jason Kenny and Philip Hindes did the same in the men’s team sprint. It was also the day that General Mills announced it was reviewing the pan-European advertising for its Nature Valley cereal bar brand. Having taken about as long as the Algerian athlete Taoufik Makhloufi did to run the 800 metres, the final stage of the pitch is next week.
Having gone into research over Christmas, the outcome of the £10 million Carling advertising account is eagerly anticipated among the three contenders – Beattie McGuinness Bungay, Creature and the incumbent, VCCP. Insiders suggest that Creature is well-placed to capture the business.
Adam & Eve/DDB and Mother are waiting for a decision on the Flora pitch, also in research, which is due at the end of the month.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014