Brewing giants seek media agency to help boost sector
The Global Brewers Initiative, created by a consortium of the nation's largest brewers, is looking for a media agency to handle its estimated £3 million account.
The initiative, which comprises brewers including Anheuser-Busch Inbev, Molson Coors and Budweiser Budvar UK working alongside the British Beer & Pub Association, aims to improve the public’s opinion of beer and revive the sector. The consortium has engaged AAR to oversee the review.
In May last year, the brewers appointed Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R to handle the advertising campaign for the launch. RKCR/Y&R won the business after a four-month pitch process against DLKW Lowe, Now and 101.
The agency has been tasked with creating a campaign, which is expected to break later this year, to help change attitudes towards the brewing industry and reflect the positive approach that brewers have taken in promoting responsible drinking.
The Global Brewers Initiative was founded in 2010. Part of its remit also includes supporting the industry on issues such as beer excise and commercial freedom.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Benefits, Halifax
- Midweight Designer Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, West Midlands
- Senior Art Director Pitch Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, Warwickshire
- Senior Account Manager - Digital Pitch Consultants £3000 - £34000 per annum + bonus + benefits, Birmingham