Reebok appoints DDB Worldwide to global account
DDB Worldwide has won the global advertising account for Reebok International.
The global account, which comprises digital, social and advertising, will be led by Omnicom network’s DDB New York office. It will move from McGarryBowen in 2014.
McGarryBowen was handed the global brief last year. However, Reebok still worked with local agencies at implementation.
Yan Martin, head of global brand marketing for Reebok, said: "We’re excited to bring DDB back as our lead creative agency. Amir and his team understand the mission of Reebok brand.
"We look forward to collaborating with DDB to deliver our unique territory, powerful message and focused dedication to fitness to consumers around the world."
The award will mark a return to DDB for Reebok as the account was awarded to McGarryBowen in 2009 at the expense of the DDB network, which had led the business from Chicago, Berlin and Hong Kong for three years.
McGarryBowen had also worked with Reebok ahead of DDB’s appointment in 2009.
Amir Kassaei, chief creative officer of DDB Worldwide, said: "Our partnership with Reebok started in 2009 and we’re thrilled to work together again. We have an opportunity to redefine the fitness category and we’re ready to create conversations that move the brand forward."
Reebok mounted a European relaunch of its EasyTone sports shoes, backed by fresh research into their toning effects, last year following previous complaints made to regulators about claims in its advertising.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Head of External Communications Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £70,000 - £80,000 tax free, Kuwait
- Production Manager Pitch Consultants £25000 - £30000 per annum, Birmingham
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014