Daily Diary - John Lewis snowman's journey continues
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2013 11:51AM
With all this snow around John Lewis staff in Newbury thought it was only fitting that the UK's most famous snowman, which found recognition through its Christmas ad, made a comical appearance in a spoof video that continues his journey.
The three-minute long spoof video shows the next phase of the snowman’s epic Christmas journey, featured in the ad, "the journey" by Adam&Eve/DDB, but this time through a John Lewis home store in Newbury.
The video, filmed by John Lewis staff "partners" during their lunch break, features the snowman entering the store to check out a fridge freezer, 3D TV and a Sat Nav. It also uses the same track from the original – Gabrielle Aplin's cover of 'The Power of Love'.
The snowman is then left in the store’s staff room before escaping down the escalator to the checkout while being applauded by staff.
The video finishes with ‘Where will he go next?’ A final adventure is expected if this YouTube video gets 10,000 views.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014