Daily Diary - John Lewis snowman's journey continues
campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 22 January 2013 11:51AM
With all this snow around John Lewis staff in Newbury thought it was only fitting that the UK's most famous snowman, which found recognition through its Christmas ad, made a comical appearance in a spoof video that continues his journey.
The three-minute long spoof video shows the next phase of the snowman’s epic Christmas journey, featured in the ad, "the journey" by Adam&Eve/DDB, but this time through a John Lewis home store in Newbury.
The video, filmed by John Lewis staff "partners" during their lunch break, features the snowman entering the store to check out a fridge freezer, 3D TV and a Sat Nav. It also uses the same track from the original – Gabrielle Aplin's cover of 'The Power of Love'.
The snowman is then left in the store’s staff room before escaping down the escalator to the checkout while being applauded by staff.
The video finishes with ‘Where will he go next?’ A final adventure is expected if this YouTube video gets 10,000 views.
If you have a Daily Diary story please email email@example.com
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Copywriter - Brand and Internal comms agency - £50-60K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £50-60K plus bens, Central London
- Design Group Head - Growing Agency - £50-55K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £50-55K plus bens, London
- Senior Copywriter - Content and Conceptual - £35-50K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £35-50K plus bens, London
- Senior Creative Team - Step up to Creative Directors - £60-80K plus bens The Creative Recruiter £60-80K plus bens, Central London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity